In order to become GGL certified the following steps are taken:
- Submit an application to a GGL-accredited certification body (CB) including the correct scope (e.g. sites, standards etc.).
- After review by the CB a contract is signed based on the submitted application form.
- Implementation of all applicable requirements by the applicant certificate holder.
- Planning of main evaluation (audit) in coordination with CB and its auditor(s).
- Execution of audit in order to verify compliance with applicable standards and requirements.
- Upon completion of the audit the report is reviewed by technical staff from the CB. If there are no outstanding (major) non-conformities a certificate is issued
Each year a (surveillance) audit is carried out in order to confirm continued compliance with the applicable requirements.