Stakeholder consultation announcement – ends April 23rd 2020
Following the approval by the GGL Board and GGL Advisory Council The Green Gold Label Foundation invites stakeholders and other interested parties to provide feedback on the following documents:
- GGL 1d. Instruction document for using PKS v1-0 Draft version
- GGL 1e. Raw Materials Statement PKS v1-0 D1 – template
The main purpose of these documents is to provide dedicated instructions for Palm Kernel Shell (PKS) certification under GGL S1. PKS is a waste product originated from the processing of palm nuts into palm oil. GGL provides new principles that will allow processing mills to trade and add value to this waste product which can be converted into pellet and sustainable energy. The principles developed are addressed to the Japanese Market and they are in full compliance with the Japanese energetic sustainability requirements.
The main principles included in this instruction document relate to:
- User rights and land rights over the land where the processing mills are located;
- No child or forced labour in the processing mill;
- Safe and healthy working environments;
- Workers rights to join in unions and collectively bargain for their salary and working conditions;
- Compliance with local law and regulations;
- Information disclosure to related parties.
The deadline for providing input is April 23rd, 2020.
See also this page: http://greengoldlabel.com/stakeholder-consultation/